Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Blizzard of 2008 + No snow plows=Cabin Fever




We survived our first blizzard. I guess there ended up being 20 inches of snow. It was bad enough that church got cancelled and we didn't get to leave the house for almost 3 days. I finally got sick of it and tried to go to the store. The snow plows don't bother to plow the neighborhoods so I got stuck and some nice person had to push the car so I could get home. It's true, I don't know how to drive in the snow. The main roads were totally fine but the side roads are terrible.......that's right, I'm talking to you city of Hilliard. I'm pretty sure it's not a big suprise that it snows in Ohio. So how about spending some of your money and getting a few more plows? Just a thought. It took Sam a reeeaaalllly long time to shovel the driveway. Maddy and Mason had fun playing in the snow again.......hopefully for the last time this winter. It definitely gave the local weather people something to talk about for hours at a time, which I know they enjoy. Good thing they have tornado season to look foreward to.

5 comments:

Kim said...

First of all, this is a long comment. Second of all, oh my gosh, I'd be going crazy, too. Rich's calendar has a cartoon on this very subject. It says, "It is mind-boggling how year after year we get snow storms. Yet each winter the street maintenance departments and schools act as though it is an unexpected phenomenon." Then you see a school janitor who says, "Here's photos from last year: Snow in the school parking lot, just like now. Schools closed for 3 days, just like now. Totally unprepared, just like now!" Then the principal says, "These photos must be doctored! I've never seen this "snow" stuff before!" Good luck out there.

Erin said...

That's a lot of snow.

Megan S said...

Man, we had a QUARTER OF AN INCH and the boys school was canceled. It was ridiculous.

JonesFamilyBlog said...

Wow-I was feeling sorry for myself because it snowed again this weekend. At least mine melted and I can still run errands. I'm sorry for you now. Couped up winters are not fun unless you have a good girl movie, candy, and no kids to take care of.

Martinez Family said...

Christine , Its Liz Schlosser (well now Martinez:)) I just wanted to stop by and say hi and how cute your little ones are!! Keep in touch , my blogspot is www.martinezfam4u.blogspot.com

I hope to hear from you soon:)