Sunday, August 2, 2009

Denied

We have to get our own health insurance now.... one of the joys of being your own boss I suppose. Anyways, the company finally got back to us after a month and said that everyone was accepted for the insurance except me. They can't accept me because of my height to weight ratio......which is basically just a nice way of saying you are too fat. I guess they have some chart of heights and weights and if you are over at all you are automatically rejected. So yup, I'm feeling pretty darn good about myself. I was only 4 lbs. over their limit and they don't care about that or that I just had a baby or that I'm really trying hard to lose weight or that I really like cookies. I cried after I opened the letter..... and then I ate some ice cream. Just kidding, I said I was never going to eat again. I was already feeling bad about myself and that just didn't help. Sam kept telling me that it wasn't that big of a deal but nobody just told him that he was too fat to have health insurance. So I'm going to lose weight and I'm putting it on the blog so that maybe it will help me to stay motivated to know that the 5 people who actually look at the blog know about my plans.....and I'm pretty sure that was a horrible run on sentence. I've lost 5 lbs so far. Just 20 more to go. I'll just tell ODS that I'm going to give my fat money to some other insurance company. Don't worry mom, I really won't stop eating. I like food and I hate throwing up so that pretty much eliminates an eating disorder. Normally I don't put things like this on the blog but it's kind of making me feel better to complain about it.

8 comments:

Annie said...

Oh my goodness Christine you need to go and tell that insurance company where they can shove their height to weight ratio. I must say your witty sense of humor had me laughing through this entire post. You are absolutely hilarious even when ignorant punks are getting you down. Don't let them though. You are beautiful with beautiful children and there's nothing more to say about that.

Kim said...

That sucks. And the insurance company sucks. They should at least give you a year's grace period after having a baby. I feel fat, too and need to lose weight. So, we can feel fat and lose weight together:).

kiki comin said...

i hate insurance companies so bad. so glad you have a great sense of humor..and i agree..you go give that money to a different insurance company!

Butler Family said...

I agree that you need to tell that Insurance company where they can shove their height to weight ratio. That is really messed up. I know you can lose the weight. Although I think you are beautiful just the way you are!!

Erin said...

Man, it sucks having Nazi-run insurance. I must say, your post was well written and quite funny, even though it's a crappy situation. I hope you feel better and keep up the good work losing the weight!

RGVprof said...

I agree with Annie . . . you make me laugh (oh, I'm signed in with Steve's account, but it's really Carrie) I'm sorry about what happened . . . but I hope you are able to laugh the way you make everyone else giggle. I know you can do it to (I plan to lose about 30 lbs too, but really I'm supposed to lose 60) Go us!

Kimball Family said...

Christine,

Luckily for me I don't have to try and find insurance on my own. Because Jake is an employee, they have to insure me, whether I am fat or insane!

However, I need to lose weight, as well. I bought a scale the other day and weighed myself, and while I in no way will share actual numbers, I will tell you that I fall into the "over-fat" range. Seriously, that's what it's called. That really didn't do much for my self-esteem either.

Hang in there, and good luck. Unlike you, I actually haven't lost any weight, but you have inspired me.

The Christensens said...

Hey there,
I too started out with 22 pounds to lose after the baby came in May. I now only have 13 to go. It CAN be done, it just gets harder after every baby. Good luck!! Angie