Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall Means Pumpkin Bread



As soon as the weather starts getting a little cooler I always want to make things with pumpkin in it. We especially like pumpkin bread and pumpkin cookies. I'm only allowed to make the pumpkin cookies once a year because they are my favorite and I can't stop eating them. Pumpkin bread is allowed more than once because I put whole wheat flour in it so I can tell myself that it's "healthy"........ okay, so we still put chocolate chips in it but I just don't think about that part. That's the only way Maddy will eat it. Maddy and Mason both like to help in the kitchen, especially the stirring part. Here is the recipe for the pumpkin bread. We kind of combined two recipes together to make our own and it turned out pretty well.
2 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/3 c. oil
4 eggs
3 1/3 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
2/3 c. water
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 small pkg. instant pudding mix (vanilla or we used white chocolate and it was pretty good)
Chocolate chips
Mix everything together and pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes. Yummy!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks Christine, I'm definitely going to try it. Although maybe I'll skip the whole wheat flour and indulge in white.

Megan S said...

Dang, now I want pumpkin bread or cookies... There's pumpkin pie Blizzards at Dairy Queen right now. I haven't dared to look too closely, I'm sure just staring at a picture of them is a couple hundred calories.

Pam said...

Thanks for the good receipe and cute picture of the two helpers. You are good at letting them join in. I like your star in the background. Paula said your house was decorated with fun things.

Butler Family said...

Thanks Christine. I am definently going to try it. My husband LOVES anything with Pumkin in it:)

Erin said...

So do you like that better than the recipe mom has with the orange juice?